Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Healthier French Toast



I woke up on President’s day and I decided I wanted to get fancy! It's not everyday we have a three day weekend! So why not enjoy it!  Now, I didn't want to break the calorie bank, so, I decided to try to develop a healthy french toast to start cooking in the kitchen! Boy, this didn't disappoint! I mixed almond milk and egg whites to pair with my delicious homemade bread. I mean this bread is dreamy and life changing. That. Is. All.



Healthier French Toast
Serving size 2 (2 slices each)

4 slices of Homemade Bread
1 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup of egg whites

2 tsp of cinnamon (and a little extra when it is done)

1 cup of blueberries/strawberries

Coconut oil for spraying the pan

4 tsp of real maple syrup (grade B is best)

Directions:

Slice 4 pieces of bread off the loaf. Then put it away fast or else you may eat the rest of it.. don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
Mix together almond milk, egg whites, and cinnamon
Soak bread in the egg mixture for about 15 minutes.
While bread is soaking, heat up sprayed pan.
Use tongs to pick up the French toast and place on the pan. Cook until golden brown then flip.

When French toast is done cooking, sprinkle some extra cinnamon, add the berries (1/2 cup to each plate), and drizzle with 2 tsp of maple syrup!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!