Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Books Galore


Hi Ya’ll! Sorry I haven’t posted in a bit this wedding has TAKEN over my life! 10 days! WHAT?!?! Whether I’m planning, emailing, or stressing I just haven’t had a lot of time to make posts! I need to get better at that! Another goal!


One goal that I am still keeping up is my love for reading! Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly! So without further ado here we go!


 I found this book to be so interesting! I really enjoyed it and could not put it down! 

After losing her parents, Ivy Hart is left to care for her grandmother, older sister, and nephew on their small tobacco farm. She struggles with her aging mother, sister's mental illness and her own epilepsy. 

When Jane Forrester takes a position as Grace County's newest social worker, she realizes how much her help is needed. She becomes emotionally invested in her clients' lives, causing tension with her boss and new husband. Jane is drawn to Ivy and she begins to discover secrets that are much darker than she would have guessed. She realizes she needs to take drastic action or she might lose a battle that goes against everything she believes in. 

Fabulous read!


 Beautiful Day was a book I just couldn't put down! It was so wonderful and I could relate to it so much because the main character is planning her wedding. While reading, I thought on a couple occasions "oh, I wish I had planned a wedding  on the beaches of Nantucket!" Just kidding mom :)

The Carmichaels and the Grahams are gathered in Nantucket for a wedding that will unite their two families. The plans were made according to the wishes of the bride's late mother, who left behind a priceless Notebook. Everything should be going seamlessly however, things are falling apart. The happy couple is doing well while their loved ones are crumbling around them. Leading up to the big day, love is questioned, scandals arise, and hearts are broken and healed.

Another fabulous read! It was easy, light and enjoyable!


 And then there was this book.... 2 tissue boxes later I think I have finally recovered!! I had to read this book with all the hype that it has been getting! I am a firm believer on reading the book FIRST then seeing the moving. The jury is still out whether I will go see the movie. Not that I didn't enjoy the book, I just don't think I can put myself through all that emotion again! Let's just say make sure you are alone when you finish this book because YOU WILL turn into a slobbering, blubbering, tear-filled mess. Don't say I didn't warn you!!

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has brought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal. In her final chapter she is introduced to a gorgeous Augustus Waters who appears in her Cancer Kids Support Group, and her story is completely rewritten. 

Great read! I read it in 2 days so it's a quick read as well!


The Murder House was an interesting story! It was written from the point of view of the murderer, which I enjoyed! There were lots of twists and turns which kept you on your toes. I felt some parts in the story that were very winded. This book could have been cut in half and it would have been a great read!

When Police Officer, Helen Anderson takes the files of a big court case to study over the weekend, she commits a huge error. Police files are not suppose to leave the police station. The moment those files end in the wrote hands, Helen's whole life is turned upside down and begins to spiral out of control. For one small lie leads to another and another until she is forced to clean up her tracks on multiple occasions. 

Interesting read for sure. I wouldn't say it was my favorite though!

If you have read any good books lately write them in the comment box below! I love new book suggestions. I just started Bent Road by Lori Roy so I will let you know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!