Monday, June 9, 2014

Cherry Almond Bread



 I love to bake! The only problem I encounter is having baked goods in the house! I tend to want to eat all of them! There is something special about putting together a recipe like bread or muffins. I just love the way I feel when I pull out something golden, warm, and delicious from the oven!





This bread did not disappoint! The cherries and yogurt kept the bread moist while the slivered almonds gave a great crunch! I ended up making 2 batches; one for our priest, and one for my room mothers! Paul got a few slices when we met the priest to discuss our readings for the big day and he said this bread was delicious! He even dared to say it was his favorite yet and he knows his baked goods!




Cherry Almond Bread
Makes one loaf

2 cups of all-purpose flour

1 tsp of salt

½ cup of truvia

1 ½ tsp of baking powder

2 eggs

1 stick of unsalted butter brought to room temperature

½ cup of greek plain yogurt

2 cups of chopped cherries

2 tbsp of almond extract

1 tbsp of silvered almonds for topping

loaf pan

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together flour, baking soda, cherries, and salt.

Blend butter and sugar together until there are much smaller chunks of butter. Slowly add eggs. Add almond extract. Blend until somewhat smooth. It will still be a little chunky with the butter.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Knead together until it is all mixed.

Form into a loaf in the loaf pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds on top of the loaf. Then lightly press the almonds into the dough. You want to make sure it bakes into the bread.

Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown on top. Also make sure when you stick a knife in the center it comes out clean.

Enjoy with smeared marmalade or jam! It is even better lightly toasted in a pan with a little coconut oil, just sayin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!