Thursday, May 8, 2014

Watermelon Fresca



 My mouth is drooling all over again looking at these pictures! I am someone who always has a water bottle in her hand. You can say I am 100% a water kinda girl! I am lucky that my taste buds crave ice cold water rather than all those sugary sodas and juices, thanks mom!  Now give me a warm gooey sugary chocolate chip cookie and that’s game over. Sorry sorry I regress… while I sure do love my water, I occasionally want something a little different. After some Pinterest searching I finally found something that quenches my thirst yet doesn’t expand my waistline! I introduce to you.....Watermelon Fresca!  The most beautiful pink drink you will ever have! Just in time for summer! The possibilities are truly endless with this delicious concoction! You can always change the water for seltzer or add a splash of your favorite adult beverage! I could have devoured the whole blender in one sitting however; I was feeling generous and split it with Paul. Come on.. go make one.. all the cool kids are doing it! You can thank me later!
                                                                 


                                                                 Watermelon Fresca
Serves 4- (8 oz each)
Adapted from eatliverun.com

2 cups of cubed watermelon

Fresh lime juice from 2 limes

1 teaspoon of agave ( of course if you need a little more don’t be shy!)

8 oz of water (Alyssa’s note- you can split half water half seltzer or add your adult beverage here!)

Blend, Blend, Blend! Drink, Drink, Drink! Not too quickly.. make it last!


2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and so easy to make!! Thanks for sharing!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darcy! They are super easy and just in time for this warm weather we have been having in VA! :)

      Delete

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!