Monday, May 12, 2014

Raspberry Mint Cream Cupcakes



This past weekend, Paul and I had a meeting with our priest to discuss wedding details! I have to say, not to brag, but we honestly go to the best church around, Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Georgetown. This Jesuit community makes Paul and I feel like we are back on Hawk Hill in Philly. We really have felt a connection to this church and I am so excited and proud to get married there in just two months… from TODAY! Ah!

Anyways, I wanted to impress the priest so I decided to do what I do best, cook for him! I love cooking for people! It makes me so happy! I stumbled upon these cupcakes on Giada’s website awhile ago and I have been dying to make them! They are truly the most uncomplicated complicated cupcakes ever.

Unfortunately with our nuptials looming, I have been on a very strict wedding diet so I had to live vicariously through Paul and Father to see how the cupcakes were, however since Paul ate six in one day, I assumed they were rather heavenly.

Feel free to interchange with your favorite berry or if you’re feeling wild, change out the vanilla with chocolate! My sweet tooth is aching to try that combo!




Raspberry Mint Cream Cupcakes
Makes around 24 cupcakes
Adapted from Giada and eatliverun.com

1 box of Vanilla Betty Crocker Cake Mix

12 oz of raspberries (2 small containers)

6 mint leaves and extra for garnish

2 cups or 1 pint of heavy whipping cream

1 ½ tablespoons of powdered stevia


Step 1. Bake cupcakes according to the box (alyssa’s note- I used applesauce instead of oil- cut the cals where you can ;))

Step 2. Let cupcakes cool and remove cupcake wrappers.

Step 3. In a large glass bowl, begin beating heavy whipping cream and stevia together. You want to the cream to form a whipped cream consistency and create peaks.

Step 4. Fold in one container of raspberries. Beat the raspberries and cream for a few seconds.

Step 5. Finely chop the mint leaves and fold into the cream. Add the remaining raspberries from the container.

Step 6. Cut the cupcakes in half sideways. Then take a heaping teaspoon of the cream mixture and place on the bottom half of the cupcake. Place the other half on top and scoop a small dollop on top of the cupcake. Add one raspberry and small mint leave for garnish.


Step 7. Enjoy J Make sure to refrigerate whatever you do not eat immediately! Melted cream is not a good look!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!