Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Vegetarian Hummus Wrap


I made this wrap the other weekend as we were running around. I wanted something filling and delicious but that wouldn’t wreck the “wedding diet.” This definitely hit the spot! Even Paul enjoyed this and as we all know he is a MEAT lover! It was creamy with the goat cheese yet crunchy with the raw kale and spinach. It is definitely going to be my go to when I’m feeling a wrap!

Vegetarian Hummus Wrap
Serves 1

2 tsp of olive oil

¼ of a sweet onion

½ cup of spinach

½ cup of kale

2 tbsp of hummus (I used my Guacamole Hummus)

1 oz of crumbled goat cheese

1 tsp sesame oil

1 tbsp balsamic vinegar

2 tsp Tamari

1 Ezekiel Whole Wheat Tortilla (I found at Whole Foods)



Directions:

Heat pan with the olive oil.

Slice the onion in thin strips. Sauté until caramelized (takes about 15 minutes sometimes a little longer)

Heat tortilla in a separate pan so it gets a little toasted. (I dislike chewy wraps!)

Spread hummus on wrap ( I used my Guacamole (without avocado) Hummus)

Mix together sesame oil, balsamic, and Tamari. Pour over the spinach and kale and mix together.

Layer the onions, dressed spinach, dressed kale, and goat cheese on the tortilla.

Roll it up, slice in half and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!