Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Guacamole (without the avocado) Hummus


My students have been off the charts lately with how chatty they are! I think we are all counting down the days until summer! Only 3 Mondays left! We can do it! I am excited to have summer however, A. that means the wedding is literally three weeks away at that point and B. I really really really enjoyed my students this year! I’m going to miss each of them next year! It was probably my best class yet!

But, let’s move on to some food! I know I have already said this but I really love hummus! This weekend I was playing around with what was in the fridge and made this new recipe. It honestly tastes just like guacamole sans avocado! I am not opposed to putting avocado in my hummus I just didn’t have any, which is weird, because we always have those in the fridge but we were all out! I will have to try that next time!


Guacamole (without the avocado) Hummus
Serving size 2 tablespoons

2 cans of garbanzo beans drained

½ cup of chopped cilantro

1 clove of garlic

2 Tbsp of olive oil

½ teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon of pepper

Juice of one Lemon

½ cup of spinach

 Serve with:
carrots, blue chips, celery, carrots, cucumbers, pita chips etc! These are just a few of our favorites! I ate my guacamole hummus with celery and carrots!


Directions: In a blender, combine the beans, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper spinach and cilantro. Blend until smooth. Gradually add the olive oil and mix until creamy. Yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!