Thursday, May 15, 2014

Simple Lemon Garlic Hummus


I absolutely love hummus! I use it as a snack almost everyday! I love it with veggies or even as the dressing on my salad. It’s creamy and delicious. When we received the Vitamix as a wedding present this was one of the first things I made!


 When I cook, I always try to make the recipe healthier so often I will start following a recipe and then stop and do my own thing! That’s not the case with this, however when I have made hummus in the past, following a recipe, they always use a lot of olive oil. I love a little EVOO don’t get me wrong but, this time I just wasn’t into it. So I decided to use coconut oil instead and I love the way it turned out! It was lemony but garlicy and the consistency was much better than most other hummus I’ve had! Hope you liked it as much as I did! Enjoy!



Simple Lemon Garlic Hummus
Serves 4
Serving size 2 tablespoons

1 can organic garbanzo beans

1 clove of garlic

¼ cup of coconut oil

1/8 cup of Tahini

1 tsp of paprika

Juice from one lemon

Salt and Pepper to taste




Directions:

Place all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!