This is my favorite go to Saturday or Sunday breakfast! Most mornings are too crazy in our house to whip this together however total I would say it takes about 15 minutes. It is so easy yet so delicious and filling!
Basil Omelet with Berry Toast
1 egg with yolk (I like cage free.. makes me feel better!)
2 egg whites
1/8 cup of Nonfat Cottage Cheese
1/4 cup of berries of your choice (My go to is always blackberries and raspberries)
1 slices of Ezekiel Bread (I like to use any sprouted bread. My goal is to make my own maybe in the next few months!)
1 tablespoon of almond butter (I made my own in my handy dandy Vitamix! Just 1 cup of almonds and ½ cup of water- blend until smooth!)
Coconut oil spray
Fresh chopped basil leaves
1. Heat pan on low with a little coconut cooking oil.
2. While pan is heating, in a medium glass bowl crack one egg and add 2 egg whites. Then add the1/8 cup of cottage cheese. Whisk together until everything is combined. Chop a few basil leaves and stir in!
3. Pour into the heated pan.
4. While this is cooking, toast bread in a toaster
5. Cook the eggs until it is no longer a liquid. I like to fold my eggs so they look like an omelet.
6. Smear almond butter on the toast and add the berries on top.
7. Enjoy with a coffee of course!
Total calories for one serving: 323