Friday, January 3, 2014

CLEAN ALMOND AND CARAMEL BITES


A few weekends ago I was going to Christmas dinner with my future-in-laws! I wanted to make something special but also something that wouldn’t hurt my clean eating ways! So I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest. Then I found ways to make it clean! It was quite tasty! Even skeptical Paul loved them! He couldn’t resist!

Clean Almond Butter and Caramel Bites

EVOO

1 cup of Almond Butter

¾ cup of Honey

2 tbsp of Arrow Root

½ a cup Whole Wheat Flour

1 teaspoon of pure Vanilla Extract

1 Egg

½ cup of Slivered Almonds

Almond Milk (if needed to make caramel not as thick- I didn’t have to use it this time!)

¼ cup of Organic Maple Syrup

Corse Sea Salt



The Ingredients


Now mix the egg, whole wheat flour, honey, vanilla, slivered almonds and almond butter in one bowl. It should look like picture below when you are done.


The peanut butter dough


Grease your tiny muffin tin. Make sure to grease well or your delicious almond bites will not come out! While these are cooking start on the caramel. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-14 minutes. 


In a small saucepan, whisk maple syrup, vanilla and arrowroot. Heat on medium and cook, whisking constantly, until thick, about 5 minutes.



While your peanut butter cookies are still hot take a spoon and make small dents in the middle of the peanut butter cookies. I actually used a bottle stopper oddly enough!! 


                                                 This is what it should look like!



Now carefully take a teaspoon and fill the holes with caramel. Be careful here not to put too much or it will overflow out of the cups!




Enjoy guilt free!

xoxo Lyss

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!