Tuesday, December 10, 2013

DELICIOUS PALEO BEEF STEW


With all the snow we have been getting in Virginia, I have been craving different types of warm cozy soups! I also have been trying to use up all the veggies in my fridge so I came up with this delicious recipe for Beef Stew! It was hearty for my soul and not my waistline J hehe! Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think in the comments below!

         Delicious Paleo Beef Stew

     (makes 5 servings)

1 1/2 lb of lean stewed beef

1 lb of sweet potatos, peeled and diced

20 or so Grape Tomatoes, left whole

1 sweet onion, peeled and diced

           3 Peppers, diced, I used one green, red and yellow

 Package of Rosemary

 Garlic

Salt

Pepper

2 containers of beef broth

3 Green Onion Stalks

1 Package of Peas

The ingredients minus the peas! Whoops! (shown below!)





Whenever I use the crockpot to cook beef, I like to brown my beef, onions, and garlic together first! I think it gives the beef a better flavor! Don't worry about the beef getting fully cooked because it will cook more in the Crockpot!



While the beef is cooking, dice your peppers, carrots, green onions, grape tomatoes, peas, and sweet potato. (I used trader Joe's brand and they were already diced! What a time saver!) Pour 5 cups of beef broth and 1 cup of water. Sprinkle Rosemary to let the herb work through the broth!


When the beef is done cooking, pour all the juices, onion, garlic and beef into the stew.



Here is the final product before it cooks away!



Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3- 4 hours.



Yummy! Hope it warms you up these cold winter days!

xoxo Lyss

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!