Monday, November 25, 2013

TURKEY CHEESEBURGER SALAD

I can’t tell you how many times I have come home and said that I don't feel like cooking! I want something easy and quick! Then I stumbled upon this recipe and ......Tadaa!! It is our absolute “go to” when we don’t have a lot of time but want something delicious and healthy! This is also the PERFECT couple meal because it has the meat and all the fixings, which Paul loves, and it’s a salad so it’s perfect for me!

       Turkey Cheeseburger Salad

         adopted from the Pioneer Woman
                  (makes 4 servings)

                  1lb of turkey meat

        2 tbsp of Barbecue Sauce {Paul likes this brand!}

               2 tbsp of brown mustard

            2 tbsp of organic ketchup

 4 pieces of Whole Wheat Eziekiel Bread- sliced into
               squares {these are for the croutons}

                   1 bag of lettuce

                        1 tomato

                         Carrots

Cheese (any kind- I used low fat cheddar slices here)

                         Jar of Pickles
 
The amazing ingredients {Tomato, Light Cheddar, Eziekiel Whole Grain Bread, Trader Joe's Barbecue Sauce, Pickles, Lettuce (romaine), Organic Ketchup, Brown Mustard, Ground Turkey Breast, and Carrots}


I like to start toasting the bread before the meat to ensure toastastic croutons! I first spray the pan with Coconut Oil and then spray the bread evenly on both sides. After I slice the bread into squares to make it look crouton-esque. 



 


I begin by placing the turkey meat into the pan and cook until it is almost done yet still a tiny bit pink (since you will continue to cook). Then I add the 2 tbsp of organic ketchup.



                                         Next comes the 2 tbsp of brown mustard.
                                     




Now it's time for the barbecue sauce.






 Then I mix all the ingredients together and this is what it should look like! Occasionally I'll have to add a tiny bit more of each ingredient{mustard, ketchup and bbq} if all the turkey is not coated in this delicious mixture.






I place the salad on a plate and add tomatoes, carrots, and pickles! As much or as little as you want of each!





Yummy my favorite part! The homemade croutons are ready! I like them almost a little burnt!


I usually dish about 1/4-1/2 cup of turkey mixture on each salad, depends on who it is for and how hungry we all are! After I sprinkle some cheese on top which, melts over the hot turkey! No salad dressing is needed! 


Enjoy,

xo, Lyss




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!