Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Vegan Mushroom Tofu Stroganoff

Oh... My... Goodness... This recipe is bowl scraping good. My husband, who is a self proclaimed MEAT lover, even said "Wow this is good." He often says his diet revolves around The Three B's ; bacon, burgers and BBQ. Now, don't get me wrong, I am a girl who loves her three B's, however, I enjoy diversifying my meals with lots of different ingredients! Now moving on, this dish received my husband's stamp of approval! I did have to wait to enlighten him with the ingredients because when I told him what I was making, he was envisioning the creamy buttery original beef stroganoff that his family used to eat as a kid. However, this recipe is sans all of those things minus the creaminess from the cashews. This recipe is delicious and healthy all at the same time, enjoy!






 Didn't want the wine bottle to go to waste! Had to have a glass!




                             Vegan Mushroom Tofu Stroganoff
Serves 5
Original Recipe from Isa Does It


Ingredients:

   ¾ of a cup of raw whole cashews (soaked overnight)
   1 ½  cups of miso ginger soup or vegetable broth
   1 tbsp of oil
   3 cloves of garlic
   1 package of Organic Tofu Extra Firm cubed
   1 container of sliced Baby Bella mushrooms
   1 container of Cremini mushroom
   1 Shallot
   Fusilli Pasta
   1 cup of white wine
   3 tbsp of tomato paste
   Chopped fresh parsley
   Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

Fill a pot of water and boil. Add the pasta, use the directions on the packaging since depending on your pasta the cook times change! (I cooked mine for about 8-9 minutes until Al dente!)

Use a Vitamix to mix soaked Cashews and Miso Ginger Soup. Blend until very smooth. Set aside

Sauté 1 clove of garlic with a little olive oil. Add cubed tofu. Cook until browned on both sides. 

Sauté 2 cloves of garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced shallot. Occasionally stir the onions and garlic until slightly translucent, about 5 minutes, depending on oven. Add the mushrooms. Cook for another 5 minutes until mushrooms are browned. Add 2 tbsp. of Tomato paste, white wine, salt and pepper to taste. Cook down until the wine has reduced by at least a half. Then add the cashews. Let this simmer until the sauce thickens (about 5 more minutes) Add the tofu back to the sauce. Make sure everything is coated!

Scoop ¾ cup of pasta and top with ½ cup of sauce! Sprinkle a little parsley on top and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!