Thursday, February 20, 2014

TOFU KALE QUINOA BOWL- VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE


I have been on a health kick lately trying to eat gluten-free and vegan. I just felt like we were eating too much meat and thought we’d cut back for a bit (sorry Paul). I have been going on Pinterest like crazy looking at new recipes! I am so excited to start cooking up some concoctions this weekend!


Tonight I got home from the gym and I was just super exhausted! I wanted something quick, healthy and delicious! The best part is everything was already in my fridge! So this is what I came up with. Hope you enjoy this as much as we did!

Tofu Kale Quinoa Bowl
Serves 4

2 cups cooked Quinoa

2 large bushels of Kale

1 avocado

1 small container of grape tomatoes (15 or so)- halved

Package of Tofu- diced into small cubes

1 Lemon

Coconut Oil- 1 tablespoon

Salt (to taste)

Pepper (to taste)

Directions:
1. Place 2 cups of quinoa in a pot. Add 4 cups of water (sometimes I need to add a little more). Bring quinoa to a boil then lower the temperature, cover, and let simmer. Fluff quinoa when all the water is gone.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, chop the kale into bite size pieces. Take about two teaspoons of coconut oil and sauté kale in a pan.
3. While kale and quinoa are cooking, cut the grape tomatoes in half.
4. When the kale is sautéed (almost wilted and slightly crispy) add the grape tomatoes. After dice up the tofu and add as well. 
5. Scoop quinoa into the kale mixture.
6. Dice up avocado and add.
7. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over quinoa mixture. Also add the remainder of the coconut oil. The lemon, avocado, and coconut oil makes a light dressing.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!