Monday, January 13, 2014

JUICE, JUICE, AWAY....


I finally decided to try a juice cleanse! I have wanted to try one since the day we bought our amazing juicer! After much research and time spent finding recipes (on Pinterest  and seeing what would work with my schedule I found something that fit!

So let’s start. I went to Trader Joe’s on Sunday and picked up all my essentials for the juices that I wanted. I decided to drink 6 juices throughout the day (about 2.5-3 hours apart from one another.) I juiced everything but my Nutty Bliss the night before. I know some research says the juice loses it’s nutrients after a couple hours however, there was just no other way and I tried to create as little air as possible between the lid and juice.

                                                       First Juice- 7am

 Mean Green
5 celery stalks
¼ of a large cucumber
2 green apples (organic if you can)
a handful of kale leaves- make sure stems!!
Handful of parsley
Handful of spinach
1 lemon

Second Juice- 10 am- My FAVORITE

Minty Pineapple Heaven
½ of a small pineapple
2 green apples
mint leaves- I juiced a handful and then just let a few soak in the juice until I drank it

Third Juice- 12:30 pm

Mean Green


Fourth Juice- 3:00- Seriously GOOD

Spicy Lemonade- mix
10 oz. water
3 juiced lemons
2 pinches of cayenne pepper
2 tbsp. blue agave nectar

Fifth Juice- 5 pm

Beet it
1 green apple
3 beets
3 large carrots
Ginger
1 lemon

Sixth Juice- 7 pm

Cashew Bliss- (used a blender)
¼ cup of cashews soaked for an hour
10 oz. water
1 tbsp. agave nectar
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla extract


The Run Down 
  •     The morning started out great! I was ready, had energy and was focused! A little before 10 I was craving the drink and thank goodness it was the minty pineapple heaven because that drink is seriously DELICIOUS! It felt like a treat!
  •  Lunch was great- the mean green was surprisingly filling!
  •  I could drink Spicy Lemonade everyday that was amazing, which is funny because I was the most hesitant about this drink! It just sounds icky!
  •     I was really hungry for the beet it and it didn’t disappoint. I like the tastes of beets so it was pretty good and the carrot and apple sweetened it up!
  •       So I was being silly tonight because I went to spin tonight for 60 minutes. The only reason was because it’s my favorite teacher so I couldn’t pass it up! I would NOT RECOMMEND anyone working out on juice cleanse days! I felt great so I knew I could handle it but you have to listen to your body! I was also hydrating all day!
  • Nutty Bliss was a nice treat and I felt nourished after!
  •  I ended the day with a bedtime Yogi tea which hit the spot!



All in all- successful day! But… I am looking forward to chewing my breakfast tomorrow morning! Hehe

I used 8 oz mason jar glasses from Target. That's why a few of the juices filled up 2. The mean green, beet it, and cashew bliss make around 16 oz.

                          Thanks for stopping by! Leave comments/questions below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!