Friday, December 6, 2013

ALICIA'S TACO SALAD

When I lived in Philly, more specifically Manayunk, I had a favorite salad, soup or sandwich place called Couch Tomato. I would probably eat here about once a week! While I was there, I fell in love with a salad called “ Paco Taco’s Salad!” It was so delicious! So of course, I was dreaming about it the other day and thought I HAVE to make it! I tried my best to stay healthy and clean! (for the most part!) So I bring you my version of a ……Taco Salad!
  
                                 Taco Salad
                                                                 (makes 4 servings)
  
                                       1 pound of extra lean ground beef

                                                                    1 can of corn

                                  20 or so Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half

                                           ½ cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt

                        Coconut Oil Spray

                                                      ¼ cup Cilantro

                          ½ cup of Cheese (any kind- I used cheddar here)

                          1/8 of tsp Crushed and Ground Red Pepper

                 ¼ tsp Black Pepper

                 ¼ tsp Paprika

                     4 Green Onion Stalks

                4 tbsp Chipotle Salsa

                       1 bag of Lettuce ( I used a Mesclan Blend)

                     20 Tortilla Chips


Displaying the Ingredients


                                             Cook the meat on medium



While the meat is coking I like to cut up my veggies!



When those are finished being chopped, it's time to make the "dressing" I take 1/2 cup of yogurt and spoon it into a bowl.




Add the lime juice of one lime and the cilantro. Then I set this dressing aside in the fridge. 






So I have tried A LOT of different taco seasonings and I haven't yet found one that I like! They are all either too spicy, too salty or ingredients that I can't pronounce. So I made this very VERY simple seasoning mix that I use with all my Taco dishes! 





Now that the meat is done, I pile on all the ingredients. First I dish out the lettuce then add the cilantro, tomatoes, green onions, 1/4 cup of corn, 1 tbsp salsa, 1/4 cup of ground beef.



Sprinkle cheese


                   Dollop of Yogurt Dressing and sprinkle about 5 crushed chips on top!


Enjoy,

xoxo Lyss 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!