Monday, November 18, 2013

"SKINNY" PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST

I don’t know what it is about Sundays, but I always wake up ABSOLUTELY craving brunch! Eggs Benedict, French Toast, Omelets.. yum! As much as I’d love to run out the door to one of our favorite brunch places in Claredon with Paul, I have to reel myself back in and remind myself we have a honeymoon to pay for! So, instead I summoned my inner chef and here is the delicious concoction I made this past weekend! And if I do say so myself, it was quite delicious and healthy! As Paul said, “Can we have this again tomorrow morning?”

PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST
(makes 3 servings- 2 slices each)

Cooking Oil

1/3 cup of Egg Whites

1/3 cup of Almond Milk (or any other type of milk)

1/3 cup of Canned Pumpkin

2 Eggs

6 slices of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Cinnamon

Nutmeg


Let’s start with the eggs. Grab a bowl that is big enough that you can whisk your ingredients together and soak the bread.


Time for the egg whites, pumpkin and almond milk.


Whisk everything together!!

Now I really really, I mean really, love cinnamon anything. So I don't even bother to measure cinnamon because I never have enough! I would say about 2 tsp of each cinnamon and nutmeg but it's up to you!


Time to whisk everything together again! The result should look like mine below!





Time for the fun stuff!!


Now while the bread is soaking in our egg/milk/pumpkin mixture, I take out my pan, spray it, and let it get nice and hot! As Paul says, I need to really let all that “goodness” soak into the bread!


I like to use Trader Joe's Coconut Oil Spray..just personal preference!


How Yummy does that look?!?!


 I prefer to drizzle honey all over the french toast because I don't really like syrup. I think this tastes delicious with walnuts or I bet pecans would be great too! Of course don't forget to top it off with some extra cinnamon!

Enjoy!

xo, Lyss

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!