Sunday, February 15, 2015

Healthy Cherry Coconut Almond Granola



Mornings always seem to be rushed. No matter what time I get up, there is just never enough time to get ready, let alone eat something healthy on the go. So, on the weekends I tend to make granola. I love granola, plain Greek yogurt and fresh berries! This is satisfying and fulfills my sweet tooth. Also, the best part is, I can throw this all in a container and eat at work if there is not enough time! Talk about a win win! In addition, this is a great recipe to switch up! Depending on the season, what’s in your kitchen, and what you are enjoying that week, you can always adjust your granola!!



I absolutely LOVE cherry coconut almond anything! I made an amazing bread earlier that was posted to the blog with this same combo!



I absolutely love this recipe! No sugar, or any junk like that! It’s all healthy things for you!


Cherry Coconut Almond Granola
Serving size: ¼ of a cup makes about 12 servings

3 cups rolled oats

2 teaspoons of cinnamon

¼ cup of chopped almonds (I like to buy whole almonds then chop when I need them.)

¼ dried cherries and golden raisins

¼ chopped dried coconut (I found it at Trader Joe's)

½ cup of unsweetened applesauce

¼ cup of honey

1 tsp of almond extract

Directions:

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Preheat oven to 325.

In a large bowl mix together, oats, cinnamon, chopped almonds, coconut and cherries.

In a separate bowl mix together unsweetened applesauce, honey, and extract.

Pour liquid over the oat mixture. Make sure to mix everything together. You want all of the oats coated in the liquid.

Gently spread on the baking sheet.

Bake for 50-60 minutes, making sure to check every 20 minutes or so to spread around the granola to make sure nothing burns.

Remove when it is dry and a golden brown color.

Allow granola to cool, if you can, then transfer into an airtight container. 


I’ll understand if you can’t wait to eat it. My husband and I never have that much self-control!

Total Time:
Prep: 5 minutes
Bake: 50-60 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each and every message! I will always reply to them!